REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

There's a hole in our hearts....

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: There's a hole in our hearts....

Postby Wildman » August 7th, 2019, 7:42 am

Thanks Curtis. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I needed you and your bride's strength that day. Our family today is supported by an amazing network of family, friends and our fire department family. We are so thankful.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Wildman » August 7th, 2019, 7:45 am

I wanted to thank everyone here for the kind wishes. My wife always pushed me to get out more and fly fish because she knew how much I love it. Our family is moving forward surrounded by so many folks who were touched by Chris over the years.

Thank you

Jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Wingnut » August 7th, 2019, 11:36 am

I don't know you Mr. Jim, but my heart is heavy about your loss.

jms
Wingnut

Postby Dry Fly Rie » August 7th, 2019, 10:30 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Jim. You and your family are in my prayers.
Dry Fly Rie

Postby midger » August 8th, 2019, 4:24 pm

Jim,
I just saw this and was deeply saddened to hear about the loss of Chris. Josh’s tribute was very heartfelt. My deepest condolences are with you now and during the coming days.
Mike
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby tree catcher » August 8th, 2019, 7:17 pm

Jim I only was able to meet you once, you talked me into going to Blu's shindig. You are a gracious gentleman and I am deeply saddened by your sudden loss. I don't know what I would do if my wife was to suddenly pass away. Lots of prayers and good wishes being sent to you from my wife and I. We are so saddened by your loss.

Sean and Valerie
tree catcher

Postby Wildman » August 8th, 2019, 10:47 pm

I joined this circle of friends after I retired from the fire department and was really having a hard time not doing what I loved to do so much. It took me two years before I ever caught a fish. It has become my third love behind my wife, our family and our animals. She was a pretty little surfer girl from San Clemente and I was just back from Viet Nam. I knew I had to spend the rest of my life with her at first meeting. She has a smile that lights up a room and blue eyes that sparkled and twinkled. 50 years later and I have heard from over a thousand people who were touched by her in their lives or their children's lives

She introduced me to the other love in her life and that was horses. Over the years we've owned (and still own) our beloved herd of horses,dogs,cats, birds and our wild Quail. She even tried fly fishing.

She captivated animals, children and people in general. They all were attracted to her and her kindness....instinctively.

Thank you all for the good thoughts.

John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby The Steady Foot » August 10th, 2019, 8:34 am

I'm so sorry to read about this. I hope you and your family can find peace one day despite your loss. Her warmth can be sensed in the pictures you shared. My deepest sympathies go with you and yours
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe....
The Steady Foot

Postby teejay » August 11th, 2019, 12:40 pm

Jim,
Although we've never physically met. I consider you a friend. I'm so sorry to learn of your loss.
Deepest condolence to you and your family.
Hope to share a campfire with you someday.
Thomas Grady
teejay

Postby duckdog » August 11th, 2019, 2:59 pm

I am so sorry for your loss Jim. You and your family are in my prayers.
duckdog

Postby DrCreek » August 12th, 2019, 2:57 pm

I am just now seeing this for the first time. I'm not really sure where to go here, Captain. Can I express to you how incredibly sorry I am that you had to go through this.. I can't even imagine.

It's been a long time since we talked. And maybe we will again soon. I know it's been a long time since I've gotten on board here and read through the latest postings and comments. I wasn't expecting to read this kind, though. And so far it's reminded me why I need to get back on board here.. the hiatus is over.

I think of you often.. you, Curtis, Stanbery, Papa, Barry Mann, Mark and the list goes on because there are so many of you that I've always felt tied to. But mostly you. Always in your debt for the soft, father-like words and guidance, and always at the ready for your call - especially when fires are bearing down on your community and your home.

Once you've regained some of your mental, physical and faith strengths, please take a moment and call if you can summon it up. My plan now is to step aside and not take away your time best spent elsewhere. But I'll always remain at the ready as promised long ago and always look forward to hearing your voice. Let me know how I can walk with you. Tons of love to you my Capt, Mike
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby 1mocast » August 13th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Jim,
I was floored when I heard this.... I am so sorry for your loss.

We are here for you and your family if you need anything.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Wildman » August 14th, 2019, 7:28 am

DrCreek wrote:I am just now seeing this for the first time. I'm not really sure where to go here, Captain. Can I express to you how incredibly sorry I am that you had to go through this.. I can't even imagine.................

Let me know how I can walk with you. Tons of love to you my Capt, Mike

Thank you....Mike. When I first started fly fishing and being on forums, I remember reading about your exploits on different creeks back in the day but could never find them because I didn't realize at the time that folks used made up names to protect those sensitive waters. In the years that pasted, I remember doing the same thing. I still have your book here at the house.

Mostly now, I remember fishing the salt with your and Richard and watching how you guys had the bay dialed in on float tubes. I'll get down there soon enough again and we'll fish for those feisty bass.

I was pretty lost for a while when I could not go back to work after the heart attack. My son introducing me to fly fishing was my salvation and still provides me with such wonderful memories of amazing people....strangers...who took me under their wing and patiently (very patiently) taught me the various aspects of this wonderful, life long passion I have now. I still have my fire family and they surround me too--my fly fishing community is just as strong and supportive and for that I and my family are so grateful.

As always, I know that you would come in time of need if I called. Losing Chris has really shown me just how many real friends we have and they have stood up when I needed it the most. Means a lot to me and my family.

We'll chat soon and share some water.

Jim
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby flybob » September 6th, 2019, 11:11 am

Jim, my sincerest condolences for the loss of your wife and best friend.

Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby huntingtheriverking » September 7th, 2019, 8:01 am

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like it was a wonderful relationship. I'm glad you have supportive family. Hang in there.
huntingtheriverking

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing