REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

There's a hole in our hearts....

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: There's a hole in our hearts....

Postby Wildman » September 23rd, 2019, 2:48 pm

Well. It's done and it was something I only dreamed about. Chris's Celebration was everything I had hoped and planned for and then some. Saw friends, family and co workers from all over. Close to 300 folks attended. After we all had lunch and cake...we went out of the Dana Wharf on a large Catamaran with 40 of us and had an amazing service on the water.

So thankful for everyone who shared with us and came out that day and on line or by mail or phone. Saw Richard and Sherry Setina and Eric Klein and his wife and I think Sophie.

Someone asked me if it had been streamed and it had been at:

http://www.capobeachchurch.com/live/
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby DrCreek » September 24th, 2019, 6:55 am

Smiles on my face, my Captain. You know what I can't wait for? I can't wait to see you next Friday. It's going to be an epic, much needed reunion. Love to you.
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby Jimbo Roberts » October 5th, 2019, 8:52 am

Family and close friends are always the toughest to get through. I know it may ring hollow now, but things will get better with time. And soon you'll be able to remember the goods times without crying.....

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby Wildman » October 6th, 2019, 10:18 pm

I know, Jimbo. Not quite there just yet but that's ok too. I have been surrounded by wonderful people who have helped me every step of the way. That includes the wonderful Fly Addicts on this forum as well. The Volcano Party was just what I needed....surrounded by 12 crazy guys with good food and cold beer.

Jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Rob909 » October 12th, 2019, 2:39 pm

I just saw this Jim. I am so sorry for your loss.

Rob
Rob909

Postby Wildman » October 13th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Rob909 wrote:I just saw this Jim. I am so sorry for your loss.

Rob

Thanks. It has been the most challenging thing I have ever had to deal with in my life. It gets better with time they tell me.
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby rayfound » October 14th, 2019, 9:41 am

Jim, just logging on for the first time in a while and am just gutted to hear this news my friend. wishing the best for you and your family, and I am so sorry to hear this news.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Wildman » October 14th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Thank you. It has been a challenging few months. Being able to fly fish at the Volcano was a blessing and then spent a week in Kansas with some serious sized fish and my son's family. Taking things one day at a time.
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Wildman » October 20th, 2019, 10:10 pm

Suddenly it was over. We had a second Celebration for my wife, Chris at a ski lodge above Wrightwood where we had skied and eaten a hundred times over the past 48 years. Around 150 friends and neighbors (and fly fishermen) came to share a wonderful day and evening of music...flowers...laughter and tears...great food and a final slide show to live music. Two special guests included Chiaki and Tom Sakai and his lovely wife, Susie. What a wonderful and heartfelt surprise to see everyone.

Now it's time to continue learning about my new reality...work on figuring out what the future might bring and spend some time on the water. Thanks for all the well wishes. I am doing OK. Jim
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing