REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Our 2019 Pack Trip (a maybe)

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Our 2019 Pack Trip (a maybe)

Postby Gary C. » July 15th, 2019, 12:53 pm

This year we decide to hire a packer for the first time. Just having them carry us in to Emigrant Lake from kannedy Meadows (north) and we will hike around and out from there on our own. The problem is that I called the packer Sunday to confirm conditions and just generally touch base with him about our trip NEXT Sunday. I knew that because of the late running winter that it would be close this year. Anyhow, he said that he sent his guys out last week to scout the trail. They only made it as far as Sheep Camp (roughly half way) and had to turn around. According to reports there was 2ft of snow and Emigrant Lake was still froze over. He has better hopes than I do about things being opened up by this coming weekend but we are still going. It might just be a backpacking trip without the aid of a packer but we will find an alternative route for our trip into the Emigrant Wilderness.
Gary C.

Re: Our 2019 Pack Trip (a maybe)

Postby stanbery » July 15th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Gary

Good luck, with the heat that we are having hopefully it will be melting soon for you.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Return to General Fly Fishing