REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Self Inflating PFD

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Self Inflating PFD

Postby NorcalBob » May 4th, 2019, 12:40 pm

Thanks Jim. That's why this is one of the few forums I regularly post to. The vibe here is just so friendly and cool with none of that other trolling/nasty insults that pervade other forums. I'm glad I caught myself before I inappropriately responded, and just responded the way I did. I don't care if any one wants to insult me, but I draw the line when you insult people who have died, with insults like Joe Dirt's.
NorcalBob

Postby Wildman » May 4th, 2019, 1:09 pm

I feel badly that I didn't see that post sooner. I had heard of another instance with this fellow but couldn't find it. This is not his first rodeo...I believe that both Gary and I have a long history with this poster.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Gary C. » May 5th, 2019, 8:43 am

I saw his first post where he was going off the tracks but it sounds like I might have missed a follow up.
Gary C.

Postby Wildman » May 5th, 2019, 10:08 am

Thinking we might have been scammed from the beginning. This guy had an email of jeepguy@hotmail.com and was big into jeeps. Our guy used to make posts using my name on car sites and * folks off who would contact me all upset. Thinking Fishpole came back in and built a cred here by posting all kinds of stuff that he just got off the internet. You never saw a picture of him. He went off the rails once before but I didn't see it. This time, he launched with same kind of venom he would in the past. He'll be back no doubt cuz he is tech savvy and uses VPN's to hide his location. Will just have to wait and see.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby NorcalBob » May 5th, 2019, 11:19 am

WOW, Jim, that's really sad to hear. The thing is, he brought up a couple of valid points that were valuable to the discussion, but he ruined his own credibility by launching into personal attacks and spewing venom to any one who disagreed with him.
NorcalBob

Postby Wildman » May 5th, 2019, 11:57 am

This was nothing compared to years past. We try to make them disappear as quickly as possible.
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby stanbery » May 5th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Wildman wrote:This was nothing compared to years past. We try to make them disappear as quickly as possible.

Man what did I miss?

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Gary C. » May 5th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Wildman wrote: Our guy used to make posts using my name on car sites and * folks off who would contact me all upset. Thinking Fishpole came back in and built a cred here by posting all kinds of stuff that he just got off the internet.

If he was doing the scam with other sites that sure sounds like Fishpole. You, Jon, and a few other admins know my history with him. It goes all the way back to the original Kern Canyon and GST sites.
Gary C.

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing