REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

I didn't get the Memo

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: I didn't get the Memo

Postby dirtryder219 » August 7th, 2008, 8:50 pm

I am one of the person's/possible redneck :P that Anacrime is referring to as one of the offendes of the PM's he received and I believe his comment was "The red neck is a complicated breed. Try drinking 32 bud lights. Should bring you down to their level 8-) ". Yes I was slightly * probably because I do feel a slight bit Redneckish and I do occasionally drink Budlight :lol: Mind you this redneck does not leave trash behind but picks up after others....must come from cleaning up after my kids :lol:

I did explain to Shane that in my opinion about 75% of those that camp on the Kern are Hispanic..especially those who don't stay in campgrounds and camp along the river where I find most of the trash. My observations come from spending many years at the River since I live in Bakersfield. Shane like I explained to you in no way shape or form was I trying to offend you or any others for that matter. The trash along the river is brutally annoying and as a father of 2 young boys that are aged 2 and 5 I am trying my best to educate my children what it means to truly love, respect and take care of the outdoors for future generations to come. I do feel very strongly about taking care of our precious fisheries and the conservation of our outdoors. Education of our younger generation's is something I am very dedicated to. As far as singleing out one race or another I will apologize in advance if I ever offend anybody. We are all guilty of leaving a bigger footprint than we should just like Shane said.

I was hoping my first post would have been of an epic day on River with pics of both myself and my boys hoisting the mighty rainbow with smiles on our faces but I could not resist. It is with this that I introduce myself....Hi my name is KC Aldridge and I am addicted to my family/flyfishing/backpacking/spending time outdoors with my kids/camping in general and trying to get along with everybody :)

It is a pleasure to meet everybody on this board and I do hope to share some water with all of you one day. We all seem to have a common goal in mind....taking care of what brings us happiness and I believe that a strong family bond and flyfishing can take you farther in life than any amount of money!!!! Enough of my rant I need to go pack my backpack for a weekend run to the JD Bridge.....anybody wanna go?!! 8-)

Regards,
KC
If you actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
dirtryder219

Postby anacrime » August 7th, 2008, 10:09 pm

dirtryder219 wrote:I am one of the person's/possible redneck :P that Anacrime is referring to as one of the offendes of the PM's he received and I believe his comment was "The red neck is a complicated breed. Try drinking 32 bud lights. Should bring you down to their level 8-) ". Yes I was slightly * probably because I do feel a slight bit Redneckish and I do occasionally drink Budlight :lol: Mind you this redneck does not leave trash behind but picks up after others....must come from cleaning up after my kids :lol:

I did explain to Shane that in my opinion about 75% of those that camp on the Kern are Hispanic..especially those who don't stay in campgrounds and camp along the river where I find most of the trash. My observations come from spending many years at the River since I live in Bakersfield. Shane like I explained to you in no way shape or form was I trying to offend you or any others for that matter. The trash along the river is brutally annoying and as a father of 2 young boys that are aged 2 and 5 I am trying my best to educate my children what it means to truly love, respect and take care of the outdoors for future generations to come. I do feel very strongly about taking care of our precious fisheries and the conservation of our outdoors. Education of our younger generation's is something I am very dedicated to. As far as singleing out one race or another I will apologize in advance if I ever offend anybody. We are all guilty of leaving a bigger footprint than we should just like Shane said.

I was hoping my first post would have been of an epic day on River with pics of both myself and my boys hoisting the mighty rainbow with smiles on our faces but I could not resist. It is with this that I introduce myself....Hi my name is KC Aldridge and I am addicted to my family/flyfishing/backpacking/spending time outdoors with my kids/camping in general and trying to get along with everybody :)

It is a pleasure to meet everybody on this board and I do hope to share some water with all of you one day. We all seem to have a common goal in mind....taking care of what brings us happiness and I believe that a strong family bond and flyfishing can take you farther in life than any amount of money!!!! Enough of my rant I need to go pack my backpack for a weekend run to the JD Bridge.....anybody wanna go?!! 8-)

Regards,
KC
Sorry if I got the numbers mixed up, not my intention. And understand my comment was nothing more than a joke. I don't fish the river b/w Kernville and the bridge due to the amount of people around. I don't even stop to see how to classify said people, which is unnecessary in itself. Lots of cars + dispersed camping + campers + full dumpsters are enough to keep me away.

Look forward to your JD report. I went up last weekend. Fishing is good
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby Benny » August 8th, 2008, 2:35 pm

gabe wrote:so this is where everyone has flocked to eh...?
tsk tsk... thanks for telling gabe...

HOLY SMOKES! Gabe found the site and has 18 post already
Welcome aboard brotherImage
Benny

Postby flybob » August 8th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Benny wrote:
gabe wrote:so this is where everyone has flocked to eh...?
tsk tsk... thanks for telling gabe...

HOLY SMOKES! Gabe found the site and has 18 post already
Welcome aboard brotherImage

I think he is playing "Catch-up"

I kind did the same! HA!
fb
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby stanbery » August 9th, 2008, 5:16 am

Benny

Gabe was at home drinking and in his favorite outfit when he made all those post.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Benny » August 9th, 2008, 9:37 am

stanbery wrote:Benny

Gabe was at home drinking and in his favorite outfit when he made all those post.

Jon

I believe it Jon, these Hawiian cats are a strange breed indeed. I wonder what he's got in his treasure chest for this year, perhaps this preview might be what's in storeImageHehehe...
Benny

Postby gabe » August 11th, 2008, 4:40 pm

was worth all 10k pennies...
ha!

you guys are all a bunch of *! ha!
gabe

Postby 1mocast » August 11th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Gabe,
This is a "NO Poaching the Honey Hole" Forum! J/K ;) Welcome Brah
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby dna » August 13th, 2008, 12:15 am

DrCreek wrote:Geezuz Antonio, weren't you embarassed to be seen with that guy? I mean, the skirt is bad enough, but then he accesorized with "Coconut Shell B Cups" and blew the entire outfit ! Man ! I could understand you hanging around Gabe if he had donned DD's, but a B? You're above that action, big guy ! ;)

Nice pic, Jon. Looks like a great "ransom" photo. Don't want something like that getting spread across the Internet. Poor Gabe has the rest of life ahead of him. Prospective employers don't dig grass skirts and Coconut Shell "B" Cups...Hehe

Dr

What can I say? He's a cheap date! Couple a Heini's and he's giving me all the honey holes...hahaha :lol:
dna

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing