REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

How to Post Pics since PB sucks

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

How to Post Pics since PB sucks

Postby stanbery » July 10th, 2017, 6:44 pm

You can write up your post and look at the bottom where it says upload attachment
Start Pic 1.png
You can write up your post and look at the bottom where it says upload attachment
Start Pic 1.png (143.68 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

Click upload attachments then click Browse to the picture you want to upload to then double click to add the file.
Once you do that it will look like this
Picture 2.png
FILL IN THIS FIELD as well
Picture 2.png (183.78 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

Fill in the File comments and click on Place in line then move on to the next picture.

Once you are done click submit

Hope this helps

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Re: How to Post Pics since PB sucks

Postby briansII » July 11th, 2017, 9:47 am

I went back to some older pics, hoping the file size was small enough to post. Nope. Still too big. :doh:

The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels high. The submitted image is 2272 pixels wide and 1704 pixels high.

At this point, I'm guessing Imgur will be easier for me to use, than resizing a ton of pics on my pc.

briansII
briansII

Postby flybob » July 11th, 2017, 10:06 am

briansII wrote:I went back to some older pics, hoping the file size was small enough to post. Nope. Still too big. :doh:

The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels high. The submitted image is 2272 pixels wide and 1704 pixels high.

At this point, I'm guessing Imgur will be easier for me to use, than resizing a ton of pics on my pc.

briansII

Brain, just another option, but there are a lot of image editors out there that can "Batch" process the resizing of your photos.
I use Google drive to store many of my photos, (unfortunately, I have not figured out how to embed them on this site, I can only link to them.) but I always take my pics down 20% from the 4000 X 3000 original size before uploading to the Google drive.
I keep all my original pics on a storage drive, and the post-processed ones....well, all over the place. LOL!

For the record, there has always been an image size restriction on this site, it is just a bit bigger than the 1024 limitation for the "Attachment" feature, Craig originally did this to keep the site from slowing down as it was downloading the images from the hosting sites. But that was back in 2011....Ancient Times!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby briansII » July 12th, 2017, 10:46 am

Thanks Bob.

Question. What happens if i upload the resized/shruken photos to a hosting website, that is set to automatically resize uploaded pictures. Will I end up with a much smaller picture? Or will most hosting sites recognize the resized dimensions, and upload them as is. I like to keep an original size picture on my pc, because of the 1 in a 1,000 chance I want to do something special with it. So I couldn't really resize a whole folder. I would have to created a new folder, for resized pictures.....which defeats trying to keep my lazy butt from doing more work. :)
briansII

Return to General Fly Fishing