REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Photobucket changes

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Photobucket changes

Postby briansII » July 6th, 2017, 9:45 am

1mocast wrote:I found something on the web for imgur that was interesting by adding 1 character for the photo size. This worked for me.

https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/im ... ail-trick/

So if you image URL is https://i.imgur.com/9ZC02Os.jpg, you simply add the l to the image name: https://i.imgur.com/9ZC02Osl.jpg. Now your image is a large thumbnail! (640×640 pixels)

Here are all the dimensions and letters to choose from:

s = Small Square (90×90) as seen in the example above
b = Big Square (160×160)
t = Small Thumbnail (160×160)
m = Medium Thumbnail (320×320)
l = Large Thumbnail (640×640) as seen in the example above
h = Huge Thumbnail (1024×1024)

I am still trying to figure out whether to use imgur or flickr. flickr adds the photo name and name which I really do not want to do. :(

Oh heck yeah. That works!

For this simpleton, this looks like my best option......if Bob can explain, step by step, how to auto resize at Imgur, that might sink into my thick skull too.

Thanks mark!

briansII
briansII

Postby NorcalBob » July 6th, 2017, 10:04 am

It's very simple and much easier than trying to use the letter codes because you don't have to change a file name or remember the letter codes.
Go to your "Images"
On the right side of the screen there is a tab that says "Auto Resize"
Click on the Auto Resize tab to get to the size you want (default is "None")
Click on one of the eight picture sizes you want
Click on "Add Picture" tab
Select your pictures and when IMGUR uploads them to your album it will automatically resize them to whatever you selected
Pretty simple Brian, and even you can do it!!! :booty:
NorcalBob

Postby briansII » July 6th, 2017, 10:33 am

NorcalBob wrote:It's very simple and much easier than trying to use the letter codes because you don't have to change a file name or remember the letter codes.
Go to your "Images"
On the right side of the screen there is a tab that says "Auto Resize"
Click on the Auto Resize tab to get to the size you want (default is "None")
Click on one of the eight picture sizes you want
Click on "Add Picture" tab
Select your pictures and when IMGUR uploads them to your album it will automatically resize them to whatever you selected
Pretty simple Brian, and even you can do it!!! :booty:

Thanks Bob! To show how dense i can be, I looked for the auto resize tab yesterday and never could find it. Through your instructions, there it was, staring me in the face! :doh: Kinda don't even want to ask, but is there a way to retroactively resize the pictures I already have loaded to Imgur. Right now, I get an error message.

"This image is huge (5312px wide). We're really sorry, but it has to be scaled down to 1024px in order to use the advanced editor. "

FYI, the pictures were taking on my phone. Not sure if the file size is huge, but I use the high quality setting on my Samsung S5

I guess I can delete the couple dozen I have loaded and start over. On Photobucket that would be a chore, but Imgur it's not a big deal.

briansII
briansII

Postby NorcalBob » July 6th, 2017, 11:05 am

I don't think you can retroactively resize your images. Probably just have to upload them again using the auto resize tool. FWIW, I've used the auto resize tool on pics from my 9 MP camera with no issues on IMGUR, scaling them down to 1024 X 768. IMGUR does have a maximum picture size you can upload, but I think it's huge (I don't know exactly what size since I just started using IMGUR). And IMGUR is so superior to PB (and free!) I don't know why I waited so long to go with IMGUR!
NorcalBob

Postby Sasha » July 6th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Well I just got the dreaded email from photobucket looks like I'll have to do some re-linking this weekend.
Sasha

Postby Wildman » July 6th, 2017, 9:17 pm

I never got an email. My posts just got the dreaded notice. 12 years of posts on multiple forums and my own blog are now toast. I write OK but I really enjoyed telling the story with photos. No way I can reproduce them because I don't remember all the photos I used. Now i know the anger that those who were betrayed like this. Unbelievable.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby stanbery » July 7th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Guys
If you would like see if when you start a new post check at the bottom of the post for upload attachment,
If you have this feature you can upload your pictures up to ten in a row and put your comments in as well
Let me know if you guys have this feature.
Thanks
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Benny » July 8th, 2017, 8:02 am

Just a thought that could be beneficial for those that need to have lots of images uploaded on the web. This is what I have been thinking. Get a group of guys all get together with one email address. Open a paid account on flickr and everyone who post on fly fishing addicts who contributes into the the account gets access to sort of like an image base of sorts. Participants would be able to upload as many images as they'd like. The only drawback I see is that someone can abuse a group image base by changing a password or uploading inappropriate content. In theory it would be so easy to do and have unlimited access to uploading images. It should work with this good group of people who use this forum.
Benny

Postby Sasha » July 8th, 2017, 8:34 am

Or just get your own site. Talking with a buddy of mine that does computers, he said for my own site with a server would be ~70 per year. Or for a hundred bucks a year squarespace can host.
Sasha

Postby Wildman » July 8th, 2017, 3:43 pm

stanbery wrote:Guys
If you would like see if when you start a new post check at the bottom of the post for upload attachment,
If you have this feature you can upload your pictures up to ten in a row and put your comments in as well
Thanks
Jon

Jon-could others post as as well or just the original poster? Heck...I'll try it.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby NorcalBob » July 8th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Could you please explain this in a step by step?
I don't see an "upload attachment" tab.

stanbery wrote:Guys
Thanks
Jon
NorcalBob

Postby Wildman » July 8th, 2017, 5:10 pm

I'm wondering if only admin's can see the button. Jon....can you clarify? I tried doing a demo but may have only muddied the waters more.
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby k9mark » July 9th, 2017, 8:44 am

Papasequoia wrote:Maybe it is time to revisit the idea of expanding the bandwidth of this website so that we can direct upload pictures here without using a 3rd party site? The Drake forum is like that; you can upload 25 images per post and if you have more than that you just reply to yourself and get another 25 ad infinitum. There the ads pay for it, and I assume some from the magazine. We could do ads in the margins here (they don't bother me) or each kick in some bucks, I would do that gladly. I wouldn't have the first idea of how to go about doing it though. Just a thought.

I agree wholeheartedly.
"...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have Heroes..." .....Best partner I ever had ------------->
k9mark

Postby stanbery » July 10th, 2017, 6:24 pm

Will write something up soon
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Wildman » July 11th, 2017, 7:35 am

Looks like that feature is there right now and can be used. Here is a how to Jon posted:

http://www.flyfishingaddicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13175
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing