REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

The ten dollar Tenkara Rod

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

The ten dollar Tenkara Rod

Postby Wildman » May 30th, 2017, 8:46 am

I have one of these and they are pretty cool. They work just like my $250 Tenkara Rod but I sure wouldn't feel so bad if I broke one. Just right for a rod to have in the trunk or a back up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AO ... UTF8&psc=1
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Re: The ten dollar Tenkara Rod

Postby Jason » May 31st, 2017, 9:52 am

$8.15 and free shipping......... that's incredible. At that price there's no reason to not give it a try just to see if Tenkara is any fun.
Jason

Postby Wildman » May 31st, 2017, 3:20 pm

I enjoy my regular Tenkara Rhodo adjustable rod but this one is always in the car with a foam spool of line and leader with an Altoid box of dry and nymphs. Not that I've had the occasion lately to try it but soon.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby John Harper » May 31st, 2017, 3:30 pm

I just pulled the trigger on one, for $8, what the *!

Looks like I can use a piece of old line and a leader and good to go. Looks good for small creek work and near shore fish.

John
John Harper

Return to General Fly Fishing