REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Nothing to do with fly fishing ... Kinda

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Nothing to do with fly fishing ... Kinda

Postby fflutterffly » July 30th, 2008, 7:45 pm

Well, I did it. After taking 3 years off from competing in archery I've purchased a new recurve bow and started training for 2009 World Masters in sydney Australia. So what is the point here? I'm trying to figure out how to fit in fly fishing, maybe in NZ or Aus. I'd like to hear which one you would choose. I'll already be in Aus., but flying in and out of NZ.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Re: Nothing to do with fly fishing ... Kinda

Postby anacrime » July 30th, 2008, 9:57 pm

When are you going? I might be able to give you a report. I'm going to New Zealand from Dec 15 - Jan 25 (tentatively).
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby RubiKinda » July 31st, 2008, 2:03 pm

Not only would I be fishing, but I'd also take the bow out and "let the air out" of some tasty animals. I think we are all envious of you right about now.
RubiKinda

Postby fflutterffly » August 1st, 2008, 8:33 pm

Sorry rubi but I don't kill things...well not where I can get caught....we may, that is now a big may, be going to Australia in October of 2009. I will only be competing for four days and plan to make it a three week trip.
fflutterffly

Postby fflutterffly » August 2nd, 2008, 6:25 am

Actually in this months Fly Tyer there is a guy in Louisiana, tom Tripi, who caught an alligator on the fly using a popper for bass.
fflutterffly

Return to General Fly Fishing