REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

FUNemployment

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: FUNemployment

Postby acorad » August 6th, 2015, 9:35 am

Epic!

Although that word does not even begin to do justice...

I worked for a summer from Pocatello up the 15 through Idaho Falls then up the 20 through Ashton almost to the Targhee National Forest. The view from just about every turn in any road there is a calendar cover photo. Henry's Fork, The Fall, The Snake, etc.

Of course I was in my mid-20's at the time, and was hyper focused on trying to become a captain of industry, so I only fished once!

I've been back only once, when my wife and I spent 3 weeks on our honeymoon camping, hiking, and a little fishing through ID, MT and CO.

Man I really miss it up there!

Andy
acorad

Postby MrBiggs » August 6th, 2015, 10:53 am

acorad wrote:Epic!

Although that word does not even begin to do justice...

I worked for a summer from Pocatello up the 15 through Idaho Falls then up the 20 through Ashton almost to the Targhee National Forest. The view from just about every turn in any road there is a calendar cover photo. Henry's Fork, The Fall, The Snake, etc.

Of course I was in my mid-20's at the time, and was hyper focused on trying to become a captain of industry, so I only fished once!

I've been back only once, when my wife and I spent 3 weeks on our honeymoon camping, hiking, and a little fishing through ID, MT and CO.

Man I really miss it up there!

Andy

That's the route that we've always taken to The Folks' place on the Madison (15 to Idaho Falls, then the 20 up to the 287). I love looking over at the back side of the Tetons as you go up 20, then you go over the bridge and --BAM-- just like that you're in the forest. It's beautiful.

Somehow, I still haven't fished the Henry's Fork or the Snake. More things on the To Do list.
MrBiggs

Postby tomsakai » August 6th, 2015, 12:42 pm

Great report! You're making me really envious.
tomsakai

Postby dray » August 6th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Wow that was good, real good...Thanks!
dray

Postby fishabuoy » August 9th, 2015, 2:36 pm

EPIC road trip! Thanks for sharing that - very inspirational!!

Bobby V
fishabuoy

Postby Sasha » August 9th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Looks like you had fun up here!
Sasha

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing