REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Weekend By The Bay

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Weekend By The Bay

Postby briansII » April 27th, 2015, 10:25 am

stanbery wrote:Brian

Looks like a great weekend.
One question? You only bought one reel?

Are you sick? Nt felling well? LOL

jon

I bought one reel, and "assorted other stuff". :)

Rasputinj wrote:Brian
Did you happen to see any James Reid bamboo Spey rods ? He is out of Vancouver and said he was going to be there. I fished with him and got to play a little with his Spey rods, it is incredible to be able to lay out that amount of line, makes a big difference on the bigger rivers. Dray built a bamboo Spey just don't have many great places to use it locally.
Looks like a very cool trip.

I did not see James there, but he could have been since I don't know what he looks like. I did see some bamboo spey rods in Gary Anderson's rod rack. I wonder if those were Mr. Reid's? Would have been nice to see him, and chat with him, but most of the guys were busy chatting with others when I stop to gawk at their stuff.

I've been on Jame's site more than a few times. Beautiful work! I'd love to cast/have one of his rods, but the wait list is long, and the prices are up there. I came close to ordering a bench made reel, but with a wait time of 20-24 months, I am not sure I'd still want it then, or still be alive. ;)

Edit

Found a site with excellent pictures of this year's event. Many will recognize the photographer's name. For a spey geek like me, the stills of the casters is like crack. :bananadance:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i5eche9gteib ... WqCpa?dl=0

briansII
briansII

Weekend By The Bay

Postby Rasputinj » April 27th, 2015, 9:36 pm

If you are ever in the Vancouver area hit James up he is a really cool guy and can really cast a spey rod. His rods are awesome.

Spey casting is so cool, had to be cool hanging out at the Spey O Rama
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Weekend By The Bay

Postby Rasputinj » April 27th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Those pics are awesome incredible to see that much line in the air.
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing