REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New fly fishing TV shows

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

New fly fishing TV shows

Postby csimcox » January 6th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Hey addicts,
I thought I’d pass along info on two new fly fishing shows we have premiering on World Fishing Network this January. I’m pretty excited about both of these.

First up is the show Fifty Places To Fly Fish Before You Die. Based off the best seller book, Conway Bowman (some of you may know him, being a SoCal local) travels to locations featured in the book. There are some great ones coming in this first season. It all kicks off on what is probably the most famous limestone spring creek in the US, the Latort Spring Run in PA. Conway even spends some time with Ed Shenk, creator of some famous fly patterns such as the Latort Hopper & Latort Cricket. The show is not just a trout fly fishing show, there will be warmwater and saltwater destinations throughout the series. The show premieres this Sunday, Jan 11th at 12p ET/9a PT. More info and a show promo can be found at the link below.
http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/fifty-places

Our other series hitting the air this weekend is Shorelines with April Vokey. This series focuses on salmon fly fishing and it‘s historical migration from the east coast to the pacific. This series is really great. April is an amazing writer and personality, and she really brings the viewer along on the journey as she discovers the traditions and techniques that have shaped the sport into what it is today. Plus it is really cool to see the juxtaposition between the traditional Atlantic Salmon fishing methods versus the more modern methods used for Steelhead on the west coast. There is a great conservation message to the series and there is a lot of insight from people who have been around this sport for a long time. This is one not to be missed. The show premieres this Saturday, Jan 10th at 11:30a ET/8:30a PT. Here is the link for more info and a show promo.
http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/shorelines

Both of these shows will re-air later in the afternoon with re-airs throughout the week on World Fishing Network. If you get the channel, check them out for sure.

-C
http://www.chadsimcox.com Photography and Video portfolio
http://grainfarmer.tumblr.com/ Grain Farmer - tumblr page featuring photography, art and design from around the world
csimcox

Re: New fly fishing TV shows

Postby Wildman » January 6th, 2015, 5:27 pm

Rats....already pay more then $100 and no movie channels. WFN is on another package for an extra $30 per month. Maybe they'll sell dvds
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby WestlakeDave » January 6th, 2015, 5:32 pm

Both shows look really interesting! Already set a reminder on my TV to catch April's show. Vokey is what us old timers used to call "a down to earth hot chick," and man! can she fly fish! Will check out the other show too! Thanks for the info.
Dave.
WestlakeDave

Postby fivefish » January 6th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Wildman wrote:Rats....already pay more then $100 and no movie channels. WFN is on another package for an extra $30 per month. Maybe they'll sell dvds

Switch to Dish Network. I just moved to them from Uverse and the new hardware is awesome, I have a great deal on my service ($54 a month for two TVs with DVR and such), and the fishing channels are part of the package I chose (120 Plus). I'm very happy. Dish has come a long way since I last had them 6 years ago.

And I'm thrilled about the new shows. Already made sure to set the DVR a couple days ago. I have the 50 Places book and was already a fan of Conway way back when he did a show with Cindi Garrison, so I'm really excited about that one. And Vokey is just an excellent person. If anyone has followed her blog, you'd know she's an excellent writer and storyteller in addition to being a good fisher, so her show should be really interesting too. And there are already some pretty decent fly fishing shows on those channels too. Fly Nation is a good one, though they could lay off some of the effects so the edit feels a little more natural.
fivefish

Postby csimcox » January 6th, 2015, 10:05 pm

I've seen edits of the first 7 episodes of April's show, and I can tell you that it is one of the best pieces of fly fishing media I have ever seen.
http://grainfarmer.tumblr.com/ Grain Farmer - tumblr page featuring photography, art and design from around the world
csimcox

Postby fflutterffly » January 6th, 2015, 10:36 pm

unfortunately for my services this is a additional charge station.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby briansII » January 6th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Sucks to be me, or a Comcast customer. Not available. Hopefully, at some point, I can watch it online.

briansII
briansII

Postby anacrime » January 7th, 2015, 6:51 am

csimcox wrote:I've seen edits of the first 7 episodes of April's show, and I can tell you that it is one of the best pieces of fly fishing media I have ever seen.

April's one of the best pieces of fly fishing * I have ever seen too! ;)
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby csimcox » January 7th, 2015, 9:52 am

Yeah Brian, the sad thing is that Comcast carries the network in other parts of the country. My parents get the channel with them in the South.

We do have some episodes of other original series online. There is a good episode of Breaking Boundaries with Tom Rosenbauer available to watch. The episode with Greg Vincent has a bit of fly casting in it too.
http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/watch-fishing-shows-online/
csimcox

Postby fly addict » January 7th, 2015, 8:13 pm

I pay over $170 and month for cable, internet, and phone, to see this channel they want more money. :sad: I wish I could see these shows but it will never happen unless they are in the package I’m already paying for. I’ll just check out the free DVDs, books, and magazines at my local FF club and try to fish more myself. That is a lot more fun than watching a video of somebody else fishing. :bananadance:
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Papasequoia » January 9th, 2015, 12:57 pm

I don't think I have the worldfishingnetwork channel - does anyone know what channel it would be on Dish?

anacrime wrote:April's one of the best pieces of fly fishing * I have ever seen too! ;)

She's a class act and a great fly fisher, it's really a shame that people always have to bring her looks into it as if that were important. I remember a couple of years ago there were some knuckleheads talking crap about her on the Drake - she created an account, logged on and replied a few times in the thread to comments about her. I think it was one of the best ripostes I've read on the internet. I look forward to seeing the program if I have the channel.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby fly addict » January 9th, 2015, 1:39 pm

Jon,

This is what I got to say about her good looks. There are two girl guides I can hire, one is April and the other looks like a bow wow. Between her good looks and skill as an angler and guide, I’ll pick April every time. :)

P S,
I'm going to the Big Reedy this weekend, are you?

Mark
fly addict

Postby Papasequoia » January 9th, 2015, 2:36 pm

fly addict wrote:Jon,

This is what I got to say about her good looks. There are two girl guides I can hire, one is April and the other looks like a bow wow. Between her good looks and skill as an angler and guide, I’ll pick April every time. :)

P S,

Mark

Well, I have a choice of fishing with you, or fishing with someone who is better looking - I always pick the better looking person. ;-) :lol: :lol:

Actually, I try and avoid weekend fishing whenever I can. I might head up next week, but it would be on a weekday. I'll let you know, though.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby fly addict » January 9th, 2015, 3:15 pm

Papasequoia wrote:
fly addict wrote:Jon,

P S,

Mark

Well, I have a choice of fishing with you, or fishing with someone who is better looking - I always pick the better looking person. ;-) :lol: :lol:

Actually, I try and avoid weekend fishing whenever I can. I might head up next week, but it would be on a weekday. I'll let you know, though.

:booty: :booty: :booty: ;)
fly addict

Postby csimcox » January 9th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Papasequoia wrote:I don't think I have the worldfishingnetwork channel - does anyone know what channel it would be on Dish?

We are Ch. 394 on Dish. World Fishing Network is part of the Outdoor Sports package from Dish.
csimcox

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing