REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Let it rain brother let it raaaain!!!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Let it rain brother let it raaaain!!!

Postby Artin » December 12th, 2014, 3:20 pm

On my way to my office decided to sneak a peek and see what the deal was with all this water from this storm and Ohhhh man.

The video doesn't do it justice. I could feel the power of the current it was surreal how much water is actually being sent I out into the ocean from this river.

Let it rain let it rain....

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Re: Let it rain brother let it raaaain!!!

Postby acorad » December 12th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Awesome. I keep looking at the weather report for Mammoth, to gauge impact on the snow pack, and it looks good!

Andy
acorad

Postby Wildman » December 12th, 2014, 5:45 pm

The physical power of water moving is amazing. What is amazing is when the river calms down for a few days, the fish will be still be there.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Papasequoia » December 12th, 2014, 6:07 pm

acorad wrote:Awesome. I keep looking at the weather report for Mammoth, to gauge impact on the snow pack, and it looks good!

Andy

I haven't checked the report on the mountain but in town only about 5-6 inches. It stopped mid morning but is starting up again lightly now. Fingers crossed for more.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby midger » December 12th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Nice! Californians amaze me. Lots of whining when they don't get rain, and more whining when they do get rain. Sheesh............You just can't please some folks. :roll: Not referring to the posters, but been watching the news and all the folks wishing there wasn't so much rain.

We received 6 inches of snow in Running Springs, and it is wettttttttttt. Probably has a water content of 60% or snow, and after shoveling the berm and I can tell you unequivocally that it is heavy.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Artin » December 13th, 2014, 6:19 am

Just heard on the radio that the snow pack in the sierras is now at roughly 40% and northern sierras are at average for this time of year! :bananadance: :bananadance:
We will need a few more of these this year... Fingers crossed!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby John Harper » December 13th, 2014, 7:47 am

We got about 1.8" down here on the coast in Carlsbad. Hopefully the mountains to the east got much more, maybe help out what few fish that are possibly left in San Diego County.

John
John Harper

Postby planettrout » December 13th, 2014, 9:11 am

More on the way...

http://mammothweather.com

PT/TB :bravo;
Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have? How many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
planettrout

Return to General Fly Fishing