REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Duckdog doing great

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Duckdog doing great

Postby fish-on-bro » November 9th, 2014, 11:03 pm

If you didn't know duckdog had his hip replaced a couple of weeks ago. I gave him a visit and he is doing great, he is up and moving around and will be fishing/hunting in no time. So lets all give him our best.

Chuck....
fish-on-bro

Re: Duckdog doing great

Postby WanderingBlues » November 10th, 2014, 9:52 am

Wish him my best!

Curtis
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby briansII » November 10th, 2014, 10:38 am

Here's to a speedy recovery.

briansII
briansII

Postby FIGHTONSC » November 10th, 2014, 5:18 pm

Mike (DuckDog),
You still have not missed much in the way of duck hunting! We do have a couple of blinds that are on the edge of the ponds that I could probably get you in and out of on a Sunday afternoon later in the season, if you still need to scratch that itch!

I did not hunt the club this weekend...too hot, so I drove down to Westmorland to hunt doves and got skunked. I did fire two shots though, so I did have to clean my side by side after driving 300 miles and seeing a total of eight birds. I should have thrown rocks!

Let me know if you are well enough to get into a sunken blind later in the year and I'll try and make it happen.

Get well quick,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Postby Wildman » November 10th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Mike-Getting new spare parts is a good thing. You'll be chasing feathers and fish in no time. Have Chuck take you out on a boat in the bay to get things jump started.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Autodave » November 10th, 2014, 8:28 pm

Wishing ya a speedy recovery!
Autodave

Postby Flatsix » November 11th, 2014, 9:10 am

I know a couple of guys that did the same. Duckdog should be good as new in no time and glad that he did the procedure.
Flatsix

Postby midger » November 11th, 2014, 11:29 am

Get well quickly. You'll be back running 440 relays in no time at all, and I've heard that exercising the "new" parts by fishing is good PT.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby duckdog » November 13th, 2014, 12:16 am

Thank you all for the encouragement. Thanks for coming by Chuck, it was good to see you. The recovery is going well. It's nice to not have the constant pain of a bad hip joint. I will be seeing the surgeon next week and am hoping that he will clear me to start getting back into the gym for some light lifting. I am hoping to be hunting by January and up on the east side by the middle-end of Jan.
Thanks for the invite Jeff, that's really kind of you. I am sorry to hear that the season is on the slow side. November can be tough but with all of that cold in Canada and the northern states hopefully you will get some birds pushed down the flyway. Although I think that the middle of the country is feeling more from that system than the west. 300 miles for 2 shot's, yep been there. I'm going to set up for some gopher action in the yard this week. He'll pop his little gopher head out of his hole and I'll be waiting with a hot pellet for him traveling at 1200 fps. One shot --one kill !----- Yeah,it's come to that :cry:
duckdog

Return to General Fly Fishing