REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Flybox Labels

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Flybox Labels

Postby midger » May 23rd, 2014, 5:46 pm

Chris Kuhn wrote:If I found a box with a name and address I would get it back to them, I am sure I am not alone.

Actually, I think most flyfishers who found a flybox with a name/phone number on it would attempt to get the box back to the owner. I didn't mean to imply that they'd keep them, but I know without the labels it can be really difficult to return the box. I've found two over the years, neither with a label, and neither was returned as I was unable to find the owners, and I would've returned them if I had found the owner. Labels can't hurt obviously.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby meb » May 23rd, 2014, 8:01 pm

"Now if I fished only dry flies, I could probably get by with only ONE box...……"

I must be doing something wrong.

MB
meb

Postby Chris Kuhn » May 23rd, 2014, 8:20 pm

midger wrote:
Chris Kuhn wrote:If I found a box with a name and address I would get it back to them, I am sure I am not alone.

Actually, I think most flyfishers who found a flybox with a name/phone number on it would attempt to get the box back to the owner. I didn't mean to imply that they'd keep them, but I know without the labels it can be really difficult to return the box. I've found two over the years, neither with a label, and neither was returned as I was unable to find the owners, and I would've returned them if I had found the owner. Labels can't hurt obviously.

Now I am not saying that if I couldn't match the hatch with what I got I wouldn't borrow a fly or two. :twisted: :bananadance:
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing