REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Shout out for Simms!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Shout out for Simms!

Postby teejay » February 7th, 2014, 7:47 pm

After a year and a half of service on rugged terrain, the lining on the insole of one of my Headwater boots delaminated –not a normal wear issue, and no problem with the other boot. I sent the boot in for evaluation and was pleased to receive a call from Ryan of customer service informing me that they would replace the boots under the terms of warranty. However, I was informed that the men’s Headwaters were recently discontinued and they may no longer have my size in stock. He offered any other boot in their current line up as a replacement. Being pleased with the Headwaters, I requested a kind for kind replacement if available. A couple days later, Ryan again called with the good news that a new pair of Headwaters were being shipped, the last pair in my size in their warehouse.
Thanks Simms.
teejay

Re: Shout out for Simms!

Postby midger » February 7th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Nice they stood behind their gear. Several of the major providers do this--Simms, Patagonia, Sage, etc. I've had good service from them all.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby WanderingBlues » February 7th, 2014, 10:00 pm

I was just putting some work in on my G3's and as thinking "ya know, I should send these in for new gravel guards...." Good to know.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby fly addict » February 8th, 2014, 7:39 am

My next pair of boots will be Simms just because of their customer service. Those aholes at Chota sure don’t take care of their customers like Simms does. . I should send in my G3s and have Simms replace the shoulder straps on my waders.
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby tomsakai » February 13th, 2014, 8:21 pm

The retractor for my 8 year old wading staff failed a couple of weeks ago. I emailed Simms on Monday. Ryan replied quickly and I had a new retractor on Thursday. Can't get any better service than that!
tomsakai

Return to General Fly Fishing