REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Is the Site Slowing Down?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Is the Site Slowing Down?

Postby fly addict » February 5th, 2014, 8:30 pm

stanbery wrote:
Papasequoia wrote:Judging by the pictures I think Mark needs to be reminded what a "hooter" is. :lol:

He did turn 60 the other day so Old timers could have kicked in.

Jon

You guys are right, :doh: so this time I’ll post a photo of a real Hooter.
:fart:
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby BobK » February 5th, 2014, 8:40 pm

That one I'll pass on....but I like her eyes.
BobK

Postby tenandtwo » February 6th, 2014, 12:17 am

tenandtwo

Postby flybob » February 9th, 2014, 5:43 pm

I can honestly say that my enthusiasm has waned since my MIL's surgery induced stroke.
I rarely get to see my wife anymore, and when I do, she is just too busy taking care of house business for us to have any quality time together. Throughly tough working conditions right now as well as crappy water conditions and there you have it.

I do miss you guys, but it is tough to get online when you are moping.
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby midger » February 9th, 2014, 6:53 pm

flybob wrote: she is just too busy taking care of house business for us to have any quality time together. I do miss you guys, but it is tough to get online when you are moping.

Change that moping to mopping and Martha won't have as much housework to do. ;)

Seriously we miss you too Bob, but I'm sure that "this too will pass", snow/rain will fill up the locals again, and all will be right with the world again and the "tear in the FORCE" will be no more.

We'll leave a light on for you all.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby meb » February 9th, 2014, 7:27 pm

flybob,

Check your PMs.

meb
meb

Postby WanderingBlues » February 9th, 2014, 7:47 pm

flybob wrote:I can honestly say that my enthusiasm has waned since my MIL's surgery induces stroke.
I rarely get to see my wife anymore, and when I do, she is just too busy taking care of house business for us to have any quality time together. Through tough working conditions right now as well as crappy water conditions and there you have it.

I do miss you guys, but it is tough to get online when you are moping.

I have to admit, the image of you enjoying your martini and a fine smoke reigns as one of the classic indelible images of all time. To your health and return to the water
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby mike.s » February 9th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Ive been working 12-14 hrs a day this fall and winter and haven't been out much, but i still jump on here when i have time to check out the rest of you who live exciting and interesting lives.. :P
mike.s

Is the Site Slowing Down?

Postby Rasputinj » February 10th, 2014, 1:16 am

I need more rain and then I will think about going fishing, working on a bamboo rod with Dray has been as close to fishing as I have had in a while. Plus my last time fishing on Kern was not a great outing in terms of fish caught.
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Postby Flatsix » February 10th, 2014, 11:23 am

Personally speaking it's my 13 yr olds weekend Water Polo games, my 17 yr old and her car problems and her college visits, the college application and finance process, wife finishing a Bachelors degree and buying a 55 Chevy that seems to take up the rest of my time.

I still get out occasionally and fish the surf or float tube local lakes I just don't always post. I do miss local water, there's nothing like fishing XXXXXXXX for local browns.

I agree with some of the others, I'm always paranoid about telling too much in a TR. If you find a place that is working and post it in a TR, the next time out you may have a tough time finding parking. Maybe make the TR section an area of the site for those that have been here a while?
Flatsix

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing