REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

You know your're in trout-ble when...

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

You know your're in trout-ble when...

Postby fflutterffly » July 25th, 2008, 6:14 am

The spin of the wheels and the sound they make as you descend deep into a valley from a hard climb is difficult to get out of ones system. With the Tour De' France being shown Karen and I faithfully sit, watching in awe the best of the best, fighting the degree of incline up the alps. The two breakaway men with a time away from the first chase group by 4:30, everyone is chasing... it is a race for time, accumulated seconds till they find the finish in Paris. On this day they are climbing a mountain that reache to the gods. Passing through so many little hamlets, towns and outpost. At mile 46.2 there stands an older couple, alone, no other spectators around them, fixed on the riders passing by. I too am watching wondering where Cadel Evens, my choice for champion, could be...why is he not being supported by his team, he is 1:34 back from the leader, but the time trial is coming on Saturday and there he will not let me down. The area is doted with small rivers, large rivers, lakes and ponds. The couple have their back to the pond: verdant, peaceful. I've waited a whole year for this race. Suddenly, I see it, a circle in the water and I jump up, arm extended, pointing wildly and yell, "Rise! Rise! Did you see it?"
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Re: You know your're in trout-ble when...

Postby Raider » July 27th, 2008, 8:11 am

Yep, Once an addict, Always an addict!!! :D :D :D Later, Raider
Raider

Return to General Fly Fishing