REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Moving to Denver...

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Moving to Denver...

Postby anacrime » November 22nd, 2013, 4:17 pm

Just wanted to extend an invite to go fishing if anyone finds themselves in or around Denver. My girlfriend and I are packin up the truck and heading out the day after Thanksgiving. I got a job at another brewery, Crooked Stave, which I'm stoked to be a part of. Went out there last week to check out housing and stuff and signed a lease at place near work. Everything seems to be working out just dandy!

Hope to see some familiar faces out that way sometime. The fishing is incredible. Joe Barry and I fished last Sunday about an hour from my house and absolutely killed it.

Cheers to meeting and fishing with many of you over the years. The community here is world-class and I've learned a ton from you all.

Shane
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Re: Moving to Denver...

Postby midger » November 22nd, 2013, 4:46 pm

Best of luck to you, and it's probably good you ignored that age old advice of "Go West Young Man". I've not heard of the microbrewery you'll be at but those things seem to be sprouting up like weeds all over the place--especially the Western States-and I'm sure you'll soon have another one expanding its markets.

Tight lines!
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby WanderingBlues » November 22nd, 2013, 4:49 pm

Best of luck! Hopefully, I'll get out that way this summer.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Wildman » November 22nd, 2013, 6:28 pm

Congratulations! Looking forward to your posts and pictures of the new ground. Good to be liking your job and where you have to live.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby fly addict » November 22nd, 2013, 7:12 pm

Shane,
Good luck in your new fishing grounds. If I ever get out that way I'll look you up.
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby darrin terry » November 22nd, 2013, 7:28 pm

Congrats on all points. Best of luck, and post up once in a while.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Chris Kuhn » November 22nd, 2013, 7:59 pm

Colorado has some awesome fishing. Good luck to you.

If you are looking for a local fly shop and you are near Charlie Craven's, the guy once offered me some help at no cost and didn't know me from Adam, we only had a common friend.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Postby Benny » November 22nd, 2013, 8:38 pm

I doubt you and your lady will be missing SoCal anytime soon. Good for you Shane, enjoy the new place out there, and post up a report or two every now and then. Gotta round up all the guys together and crash at your pad in Denver... Stay safe out there and tight lines.
Benny

Postby mike.s » November 22nd, 2013, 11:09 pm

Keep in touch....im in that area every few years and might be near there this july...i will let you know
mike.s

Postby Jimbo Roberts » November 23rd, 2013, 10:55 am

Colorado is a flyfishing wonderland. Everything from the smallest creeks to the big water rivers.
Montana may be the bell that rings when mentioning flyfishing for Trout, but it is my experience that other Rocky Mountain states like Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho (Canada too) are just as good and about as good as it gets.
You are going to have a ball !

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby fivefish » November 23rd, 2013, 5:35 pm

Have fun! My buddy Aaron has a bass boat that he fly fishes Antero Reservoir with (it's like Crowley, but better in my opinion). Let me know if you ever want me to hook you up with him. He also knows the whole South Park area moving waters well.
fivefish

Postby RichardCullip » November 23rd, 2013, 6:23 pm

Congrats on the new job and the move. Looks like you are heading to a great area for both the fishing and the beer. Good luck.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby beachbum » November 24th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Good luck on your new position and location! I have fond memories of coming down to the South Platte in the middle of winter from Steamboat, and using tiny flies for big fish. Keep us posted :)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby 1mocast » November 24th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Good luck out there Shane! Lots of new waters to test! Take care.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby briansII » November 25th, 2013, 12:12 pm

Congrats! Good for you! No need for good luck wishes, because you are making your own.

briansII
briansII

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing