REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

SB Sun Article this AM

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

SB Sun Article this AM

Postby WanderingBlues » March 25th, 2011, 6:16 am

I'm guessing bait dunkers.
http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_17692828
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Re: SB Sun Article this AM

Postby Flatsix » March 25th, 2011, 6:44 am

WanderingBlues wrote:I'm guessing bait dunkers.
http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_17692828

I hear that their breath smelled of rainbow Power Bait when they were found.
Flatsix

Postby fancyboy » March 25th, 2011, 7:01 am

Okay, they were found on the forest service road. They had been walking for TWO DAYS! Where the * where they going? It's possible they are both terrific fishermen, but they are certainly not great outdoorsmen.
"In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing."
fancyboy

Postby Wildman » March 25th, 2011, 8:19 am

I can walk out from the furthest man made obstruction in that area in less then half a day and I'm old, short and carry way too much weight. I suspect that they just went ahead and kept fishing until what snacks they brought ran out.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby rkfiske » March 25th, 2011, 8:25 am

Strange... I knew a Cody Wright in high school. That is most likely a very common name though. He was a deckhand for a tuna boat though, so he does fish...

Now I need to find out if he lives in Highland!
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby tomsakai » March 25th, 2011, 9:13 am

Wildman wrote:I can walk out from the furthest man made obstruction in that area in less then half a day and I'm old, short and carry way too much weight. I suspect that they just went ahead and kept fishing until what snacks they brought ran out.

Hey, you're the same age as me and taller than me. So, what am I, an old midget? :?
tomsakai

Postby Eric » March 25th, 2011, 11:03 am

tomsakai wrote:
Wildman wrote:I can walk out from the furthest man made obstruction in that area in less then half a day and I'm old, short and carry way too much weight. I suspect that they just went ahead and kept fishing until what snacks they brought ran out.

Hey, you're the same age as me and taller than me. So, what am I, an old midget? :?

Thanks for a good laugh Tom.
Eric
Eric

Postby WanderingBlues » March 25th, 2011, 11:13 am

tomsakai wrote:

No, Tom, you are Yoda........... :rockon:
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby anacrime » March 25th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Right? Like walk back the way you came...
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby 1mocast » March 25th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Something smells fishy here...Young men?...2 days?...There????? Its not like they were in the Sahara or something.

Those guys got their "Fishing trip" idea from a Heath Ledger movie.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby tenandtwo » March 26th, 2011, 9:22 am

I bet if I really had to I could walk all 45 miles to my house in two days from that area, let alone to cell range, glad I pay my taxes to spend them on needless helicopter searches, what the forest service doesn't maintain the roads during and after storms? Your kidding!
tenandtwo

Postby flybob » March 26th, 2011, 5:33 pm

I wonder if anybody thought to ask how the fishing was!
I can't wait to get back in there!

Ya, I agree with most of you, we have done about 6 of the 8 miles on that stretch, two days sounds a bit fishy to me. :oops: sorry could not help myself.

well at least they are OK.
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby rayfound » March 28th, 2011, 12:51 pm

rkfiske wrote:Strange... I knew a Cody Wright in high school. That is most likely a very common name though. He was a deckhand for a tuna boat though, so he does fish...

Now I need to find out if he lives in Highland!

About the right age... fisherman ... same name.... (if it walks like a duck)
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Return to General Fly Fishing