REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Good Soaking so far!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Not here!

Postby midger » March 2nd, 2015, 11:50 am

I wish I could say we received a lot of snow, but alas, only about 1 inch so far. Glad to see others have received rain, but the "big" storm projected for our local mountains didn't hit the RS area. Hope Big Bear/Wrightwood areas fared better.

UPDATE: Made a quick run down the hill and we received 2-3 inches of snow, but it's melting very quickly--roads were almost clear when I came back up at 3:30PM. :sad:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Re: Good Soaking so far!

Postby Chris Kuhn » March 5th, 2015, 11:56 am

Again no rain in the foreseeable future, we have maybe 10% of average snow pack. I don't see how a fly fisherman can live in this God forsaken place.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Postby Benny » March 6th, 2015, 9:29 am

The ocean has plenty of hard pulling species that one can target until conditions in the locals streams return to normal, if they ever do... The lakes offer an alternative as well, a floattube would help with covering more water.

No one should be targeting any of the local streams anyways. The fish are having a tough enough time with the low water conditions. I really think it comes down to protecting the fish now and not fishing them and stressing them out even more than they already are from low water levels.
Benny

Postby Chris Kuhn » March 6th, 2015, 12:49 pm

Actually from what I have heard even some of the local lakes are hard hit as well. Lake Perris for example is way down from what people have been saying. I guess it is another year of warm water on Lake Evans for me.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing