REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

A July with no fishing....

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

A July with no fishing....

Postby RichardCullip » July 30th, 2014, 1:32 pm

As July is coming to a close, I look back in wonder that I didn't get out on the water at least once. The first part of the month was spend up in Madera playing with our grandson Isaac. What a great week that was. Once home again, we ran around getting the finishing details wrapped up for a 2 week (non-fishing) vacation in Norway. Just got back from that late last night. What a great two weeks that was. Today I'm trying to shake jet-lag. Tomorrow we spend with friends from out of town. Looking forward to that. Once August rolls around, I should get back on schedule and visit the bay and beach a few days each week. It will be nice to get back on the water.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Re: A July with no fishing....

Postby Dry Fly Rie » July 30th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Ha. I was wondering where all of your saltwater reports had gone. in my fishing-deprived funk, I had convinced myself that you were catching 100 fish a day in the bay and multiple 3 pound corbina in the suds everyday and you were so thrilled that you weren't reporting for fear of scaring away the bite ;)

I, for one, will look forward to living vicariously through your reports again. Glad you had some good trips, as well.
Dry Fly Rie

Postby flybob » July 31st, 2014, 6:12 am

OMG! what is this coming too!

Richard, this has become a regular occurance for me in the last year.....sometimes there are things just more important....gots to keep a good balance.
Well, enough of the HORSEPOCKY.....get out there and fish!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby beachbum » July 31st, 2014, 11:17 am

You didn't fish Norway? Still, it's a beautiful place to visit. Welcome home, Richard!
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby RichardCullip » July 31st, 2014, 11:27 am

beachbum wrote:You didn't fish Norway? Still, it's a beautiful place to visit. Welcome home, Richard!

Bill - I was traveling with three non-fishing family members (wife, brother and sister-in-law). We had a very full schedule and I couldn't fit any fishing in. Maybe next time.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Return to General Fly Fishing