REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Wilderness Permit Sequoia National Forest

Postby gabe » May 26th, 2009, 1:29 pm

Required for overnight stays in the GTW

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/passesp ... index.html
gabe

Re: Wilderness Permit Sequoia National Forest

Postby midger » May 26th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Thanks for the link gabe. I didn't realize I wasn't legal without this when I packed into the GTW the past few times. I'll be sure to get one in the future.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby evening rise » May 26th, 2009, 7:14 pm

mike...
does this include the area where we go?

lemme know when you're ready :bananadance:
evening rise

Postby midger » May 26th, 2009, 7:28 pm

double post----sheesh. :roll:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby midger » May 26th, 2009, 7:29 pm

Les,
Not that area, but it does where the North and Little forks come together.......

I'll let you know when it's time.
midger

Postby RiverRat » May 27th, 2009, 4:07 pm

One thing that's cool this year is the CDFG and the Forest Service collaborated and are stapling the CDFG Golden trout brochure to multi day permits picked up at their offices and at all pack stations. The FS already do this on the Inyo side but will start it on the Kern/Tulare side too. This came about by CDFG suggestion during the discussions on the Forks signs being donated by the SSFF. Hopefully the signs get up this year.

thanks

shane
RiverRat

Return to Helpful Links